Indy PFLAG Scholarship
The Indianapolis PFLAG Chapter is pleased to be able to offer at least one $500 scholarship for the upcoming academic year. These scholarships are available to any student who has been accepted to an accredited institution of higher education or to a vocational institution. The application deadline is July 15. The award will be paid to the recipient by September 1, after receipt of proof of enrollment.
In order to be eligible for these funds, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of Indiana
- Be a graduating high school senior or hold a high school diploma or a GED
- Self identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender
- Demonstrate an interest in service to the LGBT community
- Have been accepted to an accredited institution of higher education or to a vocational institution.
You must provide the following documents:
- Completed scholarship application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- An essay (no more than 2 pages) discussing either your life as an LGBT student or how you have been involved in the LGBT community
Please send your completed application packet to the following address postmarked no later than July 15:
Indianapolis PFLAG Scholarship
P. O. Box 441245
Indianapolis, IN 46244-1245
All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications by August 15.
If you have any questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships are also available from the National PFLAG organization. Seewww.pflag.org/scholarships.